Saturday, June 2, 2007

SYDNEY: WHERE WILL I BE?

Since I've never been to Australia before, I got curious about where in Sydney the house is where I rented a guest room for the months of July and August, and about the location of the University of New South Wales (UNSW), where I will be spending a good amount of time. Google Earth makes this research easy enough, so I'll share of little of what I found out. (Click on an image to make it open in a larger window)

Below is a bird's eye view of Sydney and Sydney harbor. I've put yellow stick pin markers for the location of the Opera House, Sydney's central train station, UNSW, and the location of my apartment.


Below is a closer look at the region of UNSW and my apartment. The track you see just north of the University is the Randwick Racecourse. Horse racing, I presume.


An even closer view of my neighborhood (called Coogee) reveals that I will be just a stone's throw from Coogee Beach! Well, the landlady did say I could be on the beach before I was properly awake in the morning. It's not a large beach, but it is supposed to have a very nice local feel to it.

No comments: